Curious? Learn about your new membership card
We’re excited to provide your new membership card. It unlocks member benefits, including:
- Unlimited access to 10½ Beacon Street, and the privilege of bringing in guests at no charge
- Use of the circulating and online library collections, including the book mailing service and eAudiobooks
- Free or reduced member pricing for programs, exhibitions, and social gatherings
- And more!
Sending new cards is an important part of updating our systems, work that will continue into the future. The new member numbers provide enhanced security. As always, we welcome your thoughts.
How to use your new card
Member ID Number
The ID number on the front of your new card is your permanent, unique member number.
Use it to:
- Log in to your account and place holds on books using Athena, the online catalog
- Access members-only electronic resources (except for cloudLibrary; see below)
- Access member pricing for Athenæum events
- Make inquiries about your account via phone or email
Membership Card Number
A number preceded by “MCD” is on the back of your new card. A scannable QR code appears above it.
Use it to:
- Enter the building
- Check out books at the front desk
- Use our eAudiobook service, cloudLibrary
In case you’re wondering…NARM/ROAM Cards
We continue to offer our members reciprocal admission cards to more than 1000 institutions through two networks: the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM) and the Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM). New cards are issued annually when members renew. If you’re in need of a new or replacement NARM/ROAM card, contact the Membership team. Thank you!
Reader Services: (617) 227-0270 x302, email@example.com
Member Services: (617) 720-7604, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or stop in and see us!