About the Children’s Library
We are delighted to welcome our youngest knowledge seekers and their families with our engaging collections and programs.
Our picture book collections live in the Children’s Library, designed specifically for children ages 6 and younger to explore and play.
Our books for older children and teens are close to the lobby in the first floor Bow Room, a magical space with tall windows, rows of books, and our beloved Athena statue.
We offer programs to cultivate curiosity, wonder, and a lifelong love of learning. Browse our Events Calendar for special programs.
Our story times and circles are small and welcoming, and we’d love it if you’d join us.
- Weekly Story Times
- All Ages Story Times are Wednesdays 4 – 4:30 pm and Saturdays 11 – 11:30 am
- Baby Story Times are Fridays, 11:30 am – 12 pm
- Book and Game Circles
- Children’s Chess Circle (ages 6 – 10) meets the second Saturday of the month, 1 – 2 pm
- Young Children’s Book Circle (ages 4 – 8) meets the 3rd Saturday of the month, 2 – 3 pm
- Children’s Book Circle (ages 8 – 12) meets the 3rd Saturday of the month, 3 – 4 pm
Email Shay Glass, the youth services librarian, with questions or to request a special story time. Or call 617-720-7641. We would love to hear from you.